Bridal Market(s) Cancelled - Fall 2020 Season Intro

Posted by hgrass hgrass
A lot has changed in the 10 days since my last post, so I am choosing to write another one.  There is always so much going on at the start of a new season anyway, and I am using this blog in lieu of my standard “Intro email for the season”…where I update my stores on what is new and important for the upcoming season.

News travels fast in the Bridal Industry so I’m sure you have heard by now that the Chicago Bridal Market was cancelled for the F20 Season.  I have been to 2 Chicago shows a year for the past 25 years and it’s inconceivable that there would be a season without Chicago but….  While I have NO firsthand knowledge, my “guess” is that the NY Show will be cancelled as well, so everything that follows in predicated on the idea that this will be the first season in “forever” without any bridal markets.  It’s not really bad, it’s just different.

I usually see about 2/3 my accounts on the road and the rest at market so my road trip will be extended significantly.  I actually prefer the “one on one” nature of an in-store meeting anyway, as it allows a little more time to go over things than is possible in the hustle/bustle of a market setting.  If you are used to placing your order with me in the store -  it will be “business as usual”.

If you are accustomed to attending a market and prefer to see the dresses live I understand why, and wish I could offer you an alternative.  That being said, the majority of my stores buy from pictures and there are never any issues.  Both of my companies supply me the nicest sales folders in our industry, and I have swatches for EVERY new dress - including the lace and beading patterns.  As Marty often says: “Our dresses are way nicer in person.  If you like it in the photo you will LOVE it when it comes in!”  To further allay any concerns… should you receive a dress that you are unhappy with and feel it was one you would not have chosen if you saw it on a body… I will exchange it for you no questions asked.  That goes for Paloma Blanca/Mikaella and JTAA Fashions (Calla Blanche, L'amour Bridal, and La Perle).  It’s like an insurance policy against a “bad decision” on a dress.

The bottom line is that if there is no market, we need to either work with an in-store appointment - or we can do it through email, website, and e-catalog.  My preference is to see you in your store.  Should I be wrong about NY Market and it does happen, you may review and change anything that was previously written at the show.

To help you prepare for our meeting, here are a few things to consider:

PALOMA BLANCA AND MIKAELLA

Paloma and Mikaella gowns are manufactured entirely in their own factory in Toronto Canada, are we are virtually unaffected by what is going on in China.  We can do any style, and color, any size in 10 weeks with NO rush fee and significantly less than that if need be.

Paloma Blanca and Mikaella announced yesterday that there will no longer (effective April 15th) be ANY uncharge for our large sizes through size 22.  That goes for reorders as well as any stock pieces you place with me (even if it is before April 15th).  I think this makes us a very important resource for your plus-size bride.

Several of the new pieces incorporate some embroidered words and sayings, and many of these can be customized by your bride. There are also new veil packages that have customization options.  We can discuss the details when we meet.

JTAA FASHION DESIGN

Calla Blanche has introduced a new division called La Perle.  It is chic, outdoorsy, and whimsical.  There is a real need in the market for these types of fashion forward designs - and ours are at a more modest price point (and with a great markup).
La Perle
Calla Blanche and L’amour factories are up to full speed after the Chinese New Year, and there has been NO change in our regular delivery schedule.  Rushes are still available and we have a ton of dresses in stock.  The on-line portal is available 24/7 for you to check hanging stock, as well as incoming production.

The new collections are gorgeous (particularly Calla), and early indication is that Julia did a great job with La Perle.

I sent out e-catalogs and price lists for all of the collections last week.  Many of my stores review these with their staff to prepare for my visit.  If you need me to re-send any, just let me know.

I can’t really call everyone in the next few days and I know how busy you are.  My hope is that this blog post updates and informs you about my companies, programs, and policies and what’s new and important for the F20 season.  I’d be happy to chat with you at any time should you like to discuss the season.  The bottom line is that I have 2 great companies with completely different looks, and I feel I have something to offer every store in my territory.

I will be contacting you shortly to set up an appointment.  As always…feel free to contact me at any time you have a question about my collections.  Be safe out there.

Peace and Love,